Hello from Double Dutch Coffee shop. Harlem, NY.
If you listened to the latest podcast episode or have been following my instagram (@autumn_kovach), you may notice I have been on-the-go. Traveling in Minneapolis and being footloose and fancy free. I went home to have a rest from the city, find a new vision and discover fresh dreams.
I found that.
Now, I need to actually FIND that in New York. It’s so weird to feel called to dwell in a place or not be in a place, rather but not having anything tangible to rest on. This is where my faith is most alive because I don’t know what the heck is happening. God has kept my emotions at an even keel which I am so thankful for. Sometimes it’s hard not to have a plan. People expect you to have a plan. It’s your own life, right? Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” God is my future and hope and I’m totally resting in that. I’m not complacent. I’m hustling and trusting in God for the outcome.
Ok, so specifics you may be wondering about. My prayer and dream is to learn more about photography. The plan:
- Apply at ICP for a teaching assistant where I can work for class credits. Best of both worlds.
- Find a surviver job where I don’t want to kill myself or people around me. Coffeeshops are my safe, happy places.
- Find an affordable housing. In New York, that’s a bit of an oxymoron but there are some opportunities where my rent wont take 70% of my income. #overit
- Be a part of a studio where I can shoot, meet people, and again, learn!
- Freelance lifestyle photography. Most significantly do lifestyle shoots for magazines, companies, product photography, portraiture. I don’t have cookie cutter jobs in mind but when it comes up, I always know if it’s the right thing.
- Within the year, I want to have a photography tour where I travel to all the places I want to go and shoot. It’s crazy but I trust, not impossible.
It’s at theses moments that I need to thank my lucky stars that I don’t have a nine-to-five, that I can take that day trip to Brooklyn, merge my photography blog to my website because who knows, that job might be right around the corner. I hope!
A favorite photo from Lake Harriet. Mpls, MN